Microfly ® is an automatic microfiche
carrier, which can be controlled by scanning software or directly from a PC.
Microfiche is one of the most successful media for the conservation of information.
With a wide range of readers, reader/printers and scanners for microfiche, the
retrieval of information on microfiches is throughout limited to manual operation,
the transfer of information on microfiches to paper printouts and digital formats
is a time-consuming and labour-intensive process.
Microfly ® is easy to assemble.
The existing fiche carrier is simply replaced. The carrier is compatible with
all the named microfilm scanners and reader / printers. Power is supplied by
a separate power supply unit.
BCS-2 Capturing Software's grid definition and Microfly®
Carrier Control functions allow the precise positioning of the carrier according
to the fiche's frame coordinates without the need of manual operation.
- Automated retrieval scanning of DOC and COM fiches and Jackets
- Single frame detection in Frame-to-Frame-Mode
- Sequential batch mode for scanning of entire fiches
Directly via COM-port
Speed (without scanning)
- 1 position: 2 sec. / frame to frame*
- 50 positions: 1 min. / batch mode*
* The throughput actually achieved depends on the scanner model
- RS232 interface
- Interface Service-Keyboard (PS/2)
- AGFA SR24
- AGFA SR30
- Bell+Howell ABR2400
- Bell+Howell ABR3000
- CANON MS 300
- CANON MS 400
- CANON MS 500
- CANON MS 800
- KODAK 2400DSV
- KODAK 3000DSV
- Minolta MS2000
- Minolta MS3000
- Minolta MS6000
- Minolta MS7000
Accessories and Options
- BCS-2 Capturing Software with carrier control interface and grid definition
(additional BCS-2 Options such as PDF Conversion, Connection to E-Mail clients
- PS/2 Service-Keyboard
- Fiche carrier: (HxWxD in mm) 105 x 410 x 360 mm
- Weight: 6 kg
- Power unit: (HxWxD in mm) 21 x 111 x 50
- Weight: 0,3 kg
- Voltage: 100 - 240 Volt
- Frequency: 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 1 Ampere 30 VA